October is and has been known to be the month of Halloween, where many families within all ages , get together in an eventful evening sharing a spooky and fun experience of going out within local communities and Trick-or-Treating , Where other families participate by decorating their homes with scary decorations in celebration of Halloween , the night of the dead. This has been a traditional for many years. But in recent news it has been reported of new laws , that consists and focuses of A Halloween age limit.
A town in Virginia has an age limit on trick-or-treaters , So strict that ir could result in jail time!. According to hrscene.com, in the City of Chesapeake, trick or treat hours are from 6-8 p.m. on October 31 for children 12 and under.
City Code 46-8 says the following:
- (a) If any person over the age of 12 years shall engage in the activity commonly known as “trick or treat” or any other activity of similar character or nature under any name whatsoever, he or she shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished by a fine of not less than $25.00 nor more than $100.00 or by confinement in jail for not more than six months or both.
- (b) If any person shall engage in the activity commonly known as “trick or treat” or any other activity of similar character or nature under any name whatsoever after 8:00 p.m., he or she shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished by a fine of not less than $10.00 nor more than $100.00 or by confinement in jail for not more than 30 days or both.
Thankfully, as reports, if someone over 12 is trick-or-treating with a younger sibling, there won’t be any issues.
Many people within our communities that have heard or read this shocking new law ordered have expressed their feelings and thoughts over the situation and say …
- ”Any person who knocks on my door will be served candy”!
- “If these minors will be jailed and sentenced as an adult then the government should let them vote as an adult”.!
- ”The government is takng away childrens childhood such sadness”.!
What are your thoughts ? Please comment below with your feedback ,
🎃 Happy & Safe Halloween 🎃