With the holidays slowly turning the corner TheWorldOfMonalisa has went ahead and found others to share their most favored and popular recipes with us.
We hope you enjoy and come back leave a comment , suggestion or share one of your favorite recipes with us!
Here we have Tiffany who tells her story of how the recipe she shares with us has become her inspiration. Today Ms. Tiffany Marie shares her “Pork Shoulder” (Pernil)
Tiffany tells us how this recipe has grown to be her favorite recipe .. Growing up I would wake up to the aroma of my grandmother’s pernil cooking in the oven it was always such a wonderful smell. I enjoyed watching her season it the night before. The flavor! With a whole head of garlic it is delicious. Puerto Rican style! She would use a pilòn (morter & pestle) But I quickly purée it in a small food processor . We cook it for special occasions.
*image provided by Tiffany
- 10 lbs pork shoulder
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons adobo seasoning, goya
- 2 sazon goya
- 1 tablespoon sofrito sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Wash meat with vinegar and lemon juice.
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Pat dry the meat.
- Season the meat with the marinade.
- Add the salt to the skin.
- Let marinate 1 day before.
- Place in oven at 350 cover with foil.
- After 4 hours uncover and let the skin get crispy raising the temperature to 450.
Ms. Tiffany also invites us to join her group on Facebook Group .
To follow And get more delicious recipes from Tiffany follow her link below