TheWorldOfMonalisa has invited random home chefs to share their most favored recipes and Ms. Racheal Lighting has decided to share her delicious recipe of her very own Jamaican Jerk Chicken Tacos !
Ms.Racheal mentiones them as Easy Jamaican jerk chicken tacos, bursting with flavor and on the table in 20 minutes! These are perfect for busy weeknights! Ms. Racheal has been ever so kind to send us her Link where we can follow her for more yummy recipes.
- 1 tablespoon Jamaican jerk seasoning (store bought OR use the recipe below)
- 3 large chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 2 cups slaw or shredded lettuce (I used red and green cabbage, thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 8 taco sized soft tortillas
- lime wedges, for serving
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 2 teaspoons Jamaican jerk seasoning
Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2-3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Season chicken breasts with jerk seasoning, rubbing into both sides. Cook over medium heat on the stove for 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Slice into strips.
Whisk together mayo and 2 teaspoons jerk seasoning.
Assemble tacos. Place slaw/lettuce on each tortilla. Top with chicken, then drizzle with sauce. Top with chopped cilantro. Serve with fresh lime wedges for drizzling on tacos.